Location: Cincinnati, OH
Analyzes material, such as manuals, specifications, notes and drawings and writes documents such as inspection sheets, Operation sheets, OVIs and other documents to explain clearly and concisely the operation and maintenance of maintenance of work to be performed.
Review changes to manuals through inspection sheets, OVIs, Operations sheets and temporary overhaul data revisions (TODR).
Researches, revises, writes and proofreads text and annotations of technical manuals or other requested documents of a technical nature presented in an expository format.
Coordinates manual reviews and various other business unit documentation as required.
Maintains central filing system for technical documentation within the business unit.
Researches, compiles and provides material, drawings, photos and sketches for illustrative purposes.
Gathers all relevant data required as source material.
Utilizes advanced computer-based document production systems which may include XML, SGML and HTML authoring tools, to create, edit and produce materials such as reference manuals and technical documentation.
Consults with editor, illustration and final production staff on contractual specifications, graphic requirements, production schedules, formatting and delivery deadlines.
Liaises with customers to determine documentation requirements.
Serves as an in-house consultant to individuals and departments that require assistance with written communication projects.
Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
Carries out special projects as assigned.
• Exceptional research, grammatical and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational, analytical and oral communication skills.
* Thorough product knowledge and technical experience related to aircraft or aero engine maintenance and repair.
* Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
* The work requires you to be able to read and understand a Router that details what needs to be completed on each part, the Routers are in English, so reading, understanding, and writing in English is a requirement in order to complete the tasks at hand.
* Working knowledge of PC's in the current company operating system environment.
* Regularly required to sit for prolonged periods.
* Completion of a college program in mechanical or electrical engineering technology; or equivalent.
* Several years of writing experience demonstrated by a portfolio of work.
* Must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident per ITAR regulations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.