Real Estate Contract Services Specialist
Location: Kansas City, MO
The Real Estate Contract Services Manager is responsible for assisting with corporate real estate assets and documentation. This position will draft new land lease agreements, assignments, amendments to existing agreements, resolution of property management issues, and be the departmental point of contact for customer inquiries.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience with real estate contracts, language terms, and negotiations, including strong understanding of contracts, terminology, and basic contract law, or equivalent combination thereof
- Experience using, reading and interpreting engineering maps and specifications
- Experience reading, comprehending and applying contract language based on pre-approved document forms
- Working knowledge of environmental conditions, protections and regulations to assess potential real estate related impacts
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE or EXPERIENCE:
- 10 years of experience with real estate contracts, contract language and terms, and legal descriptions
- Project Management or Business Development
- Basic understanding of mineral rights and leasing
- Direct experience in the rail industry strongly preferred
- Proficient keyboard skills (typing, data entry, etc.)
- Effective knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, financial reports, legal documents, construction blueprints and Railroad right-of-way maps.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees of an organization or at a public meeting as a company representative
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Perform mathematical activities necessary to plan legal descriptions and calculate the area of a parcel of land given the dimensions and directions
- Working familiarity with GIS applications
- Ability to read and interpret Railroad Maps and Plans
- Ability to read and interpret Construction drawings
- Respond to internal and external requests documenting new customer project leases
- Draft various new real estate documents consistent with corporate policies and documentation
- Verify document exhibit accuracy
- Coordinate with internal business units, internal/external legal counsel, and land surveying/engineering/environmental consultants in projects involving railroad property
- Work with other internal departments and outside consultants to develop strategies to remedy property issues.
- Conduct system site inspections as required for familiarization and project specific purposes.
- Provide general assistance to the Real Estate Department in support of property management.
- Participate in professional organization(s) based on area of expertise and/or company focus.
The duties listed are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer/Veteran/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.