Location: McLean, VA
Name: US Autopost
Hilton is seeking an Attorney to join its Legal Department as the Marketing and Brands Counsel. The Marketing and Brands Counsel role will be an integral part of the Company's Legal team, supporting the business on matters related to Marketing, our Loyalty Program and Brands.
What will I be doing?
- Provide counsel and strategic legal advice to the Global Brands, Loyalty and Marketing teams
- Oversee and manage outside counsel on contracts and compliance with marketing laws
- Manage a team of Para-professionals (Contract Managers and Paralegals) to effectively manage our business partner's needs
- Ability to understand the laws and risks and issue spot; interaction with business partners to provide strategic advice
- Support the Brand Performance teams
- Must have knowledge and experience in marketing and advertising law
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex agreements
- Experience and ability to work with global teams to coordinate implementation of campaigns and assess risk considering different laws and cultures
- Strong writing and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a team player; experience with cross-cultural communications a plus
- Must have strong work ethic and a desire to consistently perform at the highest levels of competence
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school
- Admission to a U.S. State Bar and the ability to meet the eligibility requirements for in-house practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience advising businesses on legal risk and in contract negotiations, either in a law firm, consulting or in-house position
- Ability to prioritize and undertake mission critical tasks in a fast paced environment
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- A minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience
- A minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience
- Experience with the Hospitality industry and a franchise business model
- Experience or knowledge of advertising and marketing laws
- Experience providing advice to an organization that engages in the branding of products or services
- Experience working with global business and/or legal teams
- Experience supervising para-professional staff
- Social Media experience
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!