Who We Are:
Community Options, Inc. is a Non-Profit company which develops residential and employment supports for people with severe disabilities, utilizing technology and training. We recognize that people with the most severe disabilities need environments, equipment, clinical and staff support that are tailored to their very specific needs.
The Grant Writer is responsible for writing Federal, State, Local and Foundation grant proposals to enhance our mission of housing development and employment for persons with developmental disabilities. The position requires expertise in grant writing, excellent communication skills, experience in needs assessment and analysis The Grant Writer can be based out of any COI office in 12 states - AZ, KY, MD, NJ, NM, NY, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Generate proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations.
- Synthesize complex information into clear and concise letters of inquiry, grant proposals, funder reports and briefing papers.
- Facilitate online grant submissions (e.g., Grants.gov).
- Maintain all grant and contract documents
- Write, develop and prepare proposals and reports for government agencies and offices of government officials.
- Identify funding opportunities and new program areas to match client’s priorities, using research tools.
- Ensure compliance and meet reporting requirements for existing agency government grants
- Maintain government grant and contract documents.
- Special projects as needed.
What Experience/Skills You Have:
- 3-5 year’s grant writing and administration experience, preferably in the Healthcare or Non-Profit space, such as mental health, developmental disabilities, children and families, counseling, housing development, foster care, education, and related support services
- A history of successfully attaining programs and services through the timely submission of substantially researched, well-documented and eloquently written grant proposals
- Ability to multi-task and change priorities in a fast paced environment, while meeting strict deadlines
- Possess superior communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills with a demonstrated ability to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees, and the general public, demonstrating sensitivity to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the Company's public image.
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive benefits, including Medical, Dental and Supplemental Insurance options.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Preventive training of Abuse and Neglect
All offers are contingent on a successful background check.
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer.