Jr. Technical Writer
Location: San Diego, CA
Name: BAE Systems
BAE Systems GXP develops industry-leading geospatial-intelligence software and solutions for data management, image exploitation, geospatial production, full-motion video analysis, and intelligence reporting. We're looking for a juniortechnical writer to support creating, editing, and publishing documentation related to our suite of products. The qualified candidate will work as part of the engineering team to write and edit user manuals, installation guides, and server administration manuals for both desktop and web client applications. Additional responsibilities may also include usability testing and the review of technical content deliverables for completeness and accuracy prior to publication.
Minimum Education And Experience
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills And Education
- Bachelor's degree with 0-2 years of experience
- Undergraduate degree or Certificate in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Excellent grasp of spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Experience working with geospatial software applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to work well in a very dynamic, fast moving environment with high expectations.
- U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED. Candidates selected for some positions will be subjected to a government security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression