Paralegal - Employment and Transactional
Location: Warren, MI
Art Van Furniture, one of the Midwest’s premier furniture retailers and one of America’s top 20 furniture retailers, is seeking a professional paralegal to join our expanding legal department.
In this role, reporting to the Vice President - General Counsel, you will be responsible for general legal assistance and support to the department’s litigation and transactional attorney staff. Duties include:
The position requires:
- Assist counsel and transactional paralegal in negotiating and revising documents. Consult with and advise in-house personnel on the interpretation and enforcement of various contracts.
- Prepare, review, and edit various contracts and documents related to mergers and acquisitions.
- Perform legal research
- IP and compliance work
- Improve and streamline existing practices using current technology
- Other duties as assigned
- Paralegal certification required (ABA certification preferred).
- 3 plus years of experience as a paralegal, preferably in a high-volume, fast-paced law firm environment.
- Experience drafting various legal documents.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with attention to grammar and detail required to ensure that all documentation is prepared in a professional, accurate and timely manner
- Excellent computer skills with competency in MS Office Suite and ability to recommend process improvements
- Knowledge of state and local court systems and filing requirements
Art Van is an equal opportunity employer who offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package including a matched 401(k) plan. If you are interested, apply on-line at: jobs.artvan.com.