Location: Washington, DC
Clearance Level Needed:
Publications & Graphic Arts
If you&re looking to advance your career by joining a diverse team of highly skilled national security professionals, then look no further than ManTech International Corporation. Join an industry leader as exemplified by the following recent rankings: Top 50 for Solution Provider 500, Bloomberg Government&s Top 200 Federal Industry Leaders, Washington Technology&s Top 100 for Largest Government Technology Contractors, and a top 5 Military Friendly Employer ®.
What you will be doing:
As an essential member of a diverse team, you&ll help protect our national and homeland security while working on rewarding, leading-edge projects with opportunities to develop your career. You will provide critical IT technical writing expertise while working on rewarding, leading-edge projects in addition to the following:
- Develop, establish, and maintain policies, processes, and procedures.
- Collaborate with individuals from various internal functional areas and the infrastructure/engineering team to generate and review new equipment, processing, set-up and operational documents within agreed upon timelines.
- Interview subject matter experts and IT specialists to ensure accuracy of materials.
- Work closely with client&s information technology staff and engineering team to develop and write content on the use of technical equipment, computer systems, operating systems, software applications, etc.
- Review existing technical documents and edit as needed to reflect the latest information.
- Research and translate technical information for both technical and non-technical users.
- Originate, revise and maintain internal and external Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Recommend and implement format changes to document formats to help simplify existing internal SOPs.
- Meet client deadlines and deliver high-quality content.
- Provide expertise and guidance in interpreting governmental regulations, agency guidelines, and internal higher-level policies to assure compliance.
- Participate in all client-related Information technology projects.
Whom are we looking for?
We&re seeking a motivated and customer-oriented Technical Writer to provide multi-disciplined technical writing support to a large government customer.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in technical writing
- Minimum 3 years of experience training on and technical writing about complex and large-enterprise infrastructure environment(s)
- B.S. in Information Technology or a closely related field
- Experience with technical applications/tools and image-capturing tools, including SnagIt and Adobe Framemaker
- Knowledge and familiarity of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes
- Experience in creating documentation re: computer operating systems, networks, storage, infrastructure hardware, and data centers
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Vision, and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience working with project teams and engineering staff to develop course content
- Experience coordinating training programs with customers including defining scope, content, and scheduling
- Solid knowledge of technical writing standards, documentation process, and system/software engineering processes.
U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Additional benefits of joining the ManTech team:
Here at ManTech, not only to do we provide an exciting and welcoming environment for our employees to grow and excel in their many fields. We do this by:
• Offering far-reaching training through our well-developed training university onsite called MTU
• Offering tuition reimbursement and assistance programs
• Employee Discounts at vendors including Apple, BMW, Keurig, Disney World, Broadway, Microsoft and much more!
• 401K Benefits, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, Full Health and Dental Insurance
Minimum 4 years of experience in technical writingMinimum 3 years of experience training on and technical writing about complex and large-enterprise infrastructure environment(s)B.S. in Information Technology or a closely related field