Driver / Armed Security Guard
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Join North America’s leading Secure Transportation Team as an Armored Driver Messenger!
GardaWorld is seeking highly
qualified individuals who have strong driving and security skills for
challenging positions as armed Driver Messengers to drive and operate armored
GardaWorld has opportunities
for Full-Time and Part-Time Driver Messengers
Driver Messengers are
responsible for the transport of coin, currency, and other valuables. Driver
Messengers also provide excellent customer service as they interact
with customers to securely and safely transfer valuables.
Ideal candidates must
demonstrate highest degree of security as well as possess a safe driving
Candidates must be
comfortable carrying a firearm and obtain a permit to carry a weapon while on
duty as all positions are armed.
Learn about all of our great
career opportunities at: http://garda.com/careers
- Position requires a high school diploma/general equivalency diploma or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Driver Messengers must be 21 years of age or older
- 2 years of related experience is preferred
- Experience as a driver and/or security guard is a plus
- Being a Driver Messenger requires individuals to have or be able to obtain and maintain active guard and firearm permits or licenses on a current basis as required by state regulations
- Driver Messengers Must currently have and be able to maintain an active driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record
- Driver Messengers must be able to communicate effectively in person and by radio
- Strong customer service skills are a must for a driver / messenger
- Military background is a plus
- Heavy lifting required (50lbs+)
- Individuals must be willing to operate large vehicles in all weather and traffic conditions
- May work both indoors and outdoors in all types of lighting and weather conditions, including but not limited to heat, sun, rain, snow and ice
- Noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud
- Wearing of Company provided uniforms is required
- Personal protective equipment may be required, such as firearm, holster and uniform
- Bullet resistant vests are supplied by Garda CL and are recommended for use
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is a Safety-Sensitive position and is subject to all provisions of the Garda CL Drug and Alcohol policy, and/or Department of Transportation substance abuse testing and periodic medical recertification.
- Driver Messengers must maintain a valid DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Have a full range of motion and ability to stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist, kneel, crouch, crawl, ascend/descend steps, etc., including while carrying objects weighing up to fifty pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Department of Transportation and various state minimum vision standards apply
- Have normal hearing, with or without device, so as to be able to safely operate motor vehicles, forklifts, and communication devices
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, up to 6-8 hours a day
- Have normal manual dexterity
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and use fingers for computer keyboard or other data entry devices
- Have the ability to properly and safely utilize one or more types of firearms
- Subject to substance abuse testing under Company policy and possibly Department of Transportation guidelines
The physical demands described here for an Armored Driver Messenger are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
We offer competitive wages and a great benefits package for full time employees: medical, dental, vision, holiday pay, paid vacation, 401K plan and much more!
Candidates must meet the company's hiring criteria to include a pre-employment background investigation and drug test. Physical exam and other testing may be required.