Commercial Contracts Lawyer
Location: New York City, MO
Name: Legal Team
If you’re entrepreneurial, business-minded and always craving the next challenge, we would love to have you join us on our mission to shape the future of law.
Our lawyers benefit from a self-directed practice, flexibility, top tier peers and access to the world's largest and most innovative clients - all with a full suite of benefits including paid time off, healthcare and professional development resources.
Currently, we're on the hunt for exceptional Commercial Contracts lawyers to join our ranks with:
● Significant transactional experience, preferably in an in-house environment, negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements and drafting associated language and terms
● Excellent vendor contract negotiation skills, in addition to experience drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts, including but not limited to contracts for internal stakeholders in sales/business development, procurement, marketing, product development, human resources, licensing, technology, and finance
● The ability to revise agreements, propose strategic language, and negotiate with opposing counsel
● The ability to communicate issues to deal teams, raise salient issues, propose various strategies to limit risk, and help deal teams comply with terms and evaluate deals from a legal and risk perspective
● Active membership in the New York, New Jersey and/or Connecticut state bar required. (The candidate must be barred in the state in which they live and/or willing to be onsite in the state in which they are barred.)
● Working with and advising business clients directly, as well as providing guidance and practical solutions for various labour and employment law issues
● Providing employment counselling and advice to the business team in a fast-paced environment
● Developing an innovative approach to legal issues in support of strategic business initiatives and objectives with a high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgement
Axiom is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
With over 1,500 (and growing) Axiomites based around the world, we seek to live up to the New York Times’ prediction that: “A more sweeping transformation may be on the horizon. And it may look a lot like Axiom”.
Our company is ranked #1 in business of law, innovation in corporate strategy and innovation in law firm efficiency by the Financial Times.
For more information, please visit www.axiomlaw.com and follow us on Twitter @Axiom_Law.